Islington Tennis Centre
Hoepfully London 2012 has inspired everyone to do more exercise. Whilst football is not the most Olympic of sports, it's still a pretty good work-out. And you get to drink beer* afterwards. When was the last time you saw a pole vaulter or a synchronised swimmer down the pub?
In terms of friendlies, our postponed match against Mama FC has now been rearrranged for Saturday 1 September, with a 3 PM kick-off at Whittington Park. I'm also about to confirm a match against Pacific Storm FC, possibly for Saturday 25th August.
Finally, note that this is the last time (for a while) that we'll play at Market Road, from September until the end of the year we'll be back at our usual pitch near Archway.
*) non-alcoholic beverages are available. If your name is Tunde, you'll probably have a row with the barmaid about the cost of these kind of drinks
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 25th August: friendly v Pacific Storm FC (t.b.c.)
Saturday 1st September: friendly v Mama FC
Sunday 16th September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21st October: regular 11-a-side