Hi guys. Didn't win tonight but me, housername and his flat mate did us proud I reckon. Anyway, TO QUIZNESS:
1) What is the only eight-letter anagram of BALINESE?
2) What is the name for the milky sap that comes from the rubber tree?
3) What do american's call a baby's dummy?
4) What is 70 metres long, has 626 people, 190 horses and 35 dogs?
5) Solve these ditloids:
S W C w b in 1874
9 r pulled S s
6) Which tree's seeds each has a 20mm-40mm long wing to catch the wing and rotate when they fall?
7) How many London Underground stations have the word 'court' in them?
8) How many European countries have contested the football World Cup final...but have never won it?
9) Solve this dingbat:
DR. SYLVESTER MARTENS
10) What was George W. Bush's mother's name?
11) Which European city is this? (answer's in the URL, don't be a douche)
12) Solve these cryptic clues for films:
a - Spot the German guy
b - The hurricane scores 100%
c - Lupine balls
13) Which actor/actress links these three films: Traffic; High Fidelity; The Terminal
14) 'I've been long, a long way from here / Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos / And drank til I was thirsty again' is the first line from which 1996 song?
15) Which country's flag is this http://shulinkou.tripod.com/jhflag.jpg
16) Name a year in the life of Karl Marx
17) What is the last line in the Flintstones' theme tune?
18) What is the name of a type of carving, often done by sailors and whalers from ivory and/or bone?
19) In 1996 Mcdonald's introduced a world first for the company in Sweden. What was it?
20) Rolls Royce dashboards were originally made from what wood?
21) Which salad dressing is named after an area in north New York?