pretty much all my jobs so far have involved me speaking on the phone.
here is a list of rude things people with no manners do that wind me up a treat.
- (on a switchboard with several companies) calling up and instead of saying 'hello please may i speak with' just shouting the name of the company in my ear, for 99% of these people english is obviously not their first language and i appreciate that sentence structure can be difficult to grasp in different languages but a greeting is pretty universal is it not? RUDE
- calling someone and coughing down the phone when they answer, cover your moth, take the phone away from your face. RUDE
- when im having difficulty putting them through to who they want to get put through to/the line is busy/they aren't around etc some people like to sigh loudly, huff or just generally make their displeasure clear, it's not my fault, use your brains and have a bit of understanding. RUDE AND ANNOYING
- "hi is that sophie?" "sophiA, hi, can i help?" "oh hi sophie can you do this for me blah"
- hanging up while someone is saying goodbye, hanging up straight away when told they have the wrong number, no acnowledgement
- not listening to what the person on the other end of the phone is saying.
there are loads more i will add to later, minds gone blank now.