Islington Tennis Centre
Look! I got the day AND the date right. And the pub where we will be drinking afterwards. And we won't have a referee, so I can't mess that up either. What else could go possibly wrong?
In other news, the battle for the Golden Boot continues, with 5 games left to go, although JohnM has a clear lead now following his 2 stunners in our most recent match. The chasing pack includes 84joe, meths, Splenic_Artery and Stealthy.
Not much to report on forthcoming friendlies, other than to remind you to keep Saturday 17 Nov free.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 19th August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 16th September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21st October: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 17th November: extra special 11-a-side (details t.b.c)