Islington Tennis Centre
Let the battle of the message boards commence! Are you man enough to face the likes of Hunk_Of_Spam, SuperKeef and Hemmo? This is the ultimate indie match, when drainpipes will tangle and floppy fringes will clash. Their support consists of 4 small Japanese girls, obviously. And they fire themselves up on Special Brew and vodka, but we're more classy than that (Oranjeboom and Silk Cut, apparently).
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
Note that last week's opponents, Churchfields, have already asked if they can play us again, and the match against Mama FC has been postponed, but will definitely take place before the summer is over. And keep Saturday 17 Nov free. More news when we get it.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 22 July: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 19th August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 16th September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21st October: regular 11-a-side