Islington Tennis Centre
Apologies to those who were hoping to play in our friendly against Mama FC this Saturday morning, due to various circumstances the game has been postponed, and has been provisionally rescheduled for the end of July.
Also, for the next 3 regular DiS games, we will be playing at Market Road, as I was unable to reserve the usual pitch until September when renewing our block booking. At least we will be entertained by a different set of local kids.
Note that our friendly against Churchfields has been confirmed for Whittington Park.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 30 June: international friendly against Churchfields
Sunday 22 July: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 28 July: international friendly against Mama FC (t.b.c.)
Sunday 19th August: regular 11-a-side