Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Who or what is your favourite...
7. Bad guy
2) dr no
3) was there a stunt on skis? ski jump over a jeep or something?
5) car that drives itself/remote controlled
6) the one coming out of the sea in dr no
8) that one where he says something like "i'm just touching up on my italian" but he means he is fucking an italian girl.
how many of those are right?
2. Tomorrow Never Dies
3. Driving off the damn on a motorbike and catching up with the falling plane in Goldeneye
4. Toothpaste explosive from License to Kill
5. Aston Martin DB5
6. Pussy Galore
8. Not technically a Bond quip but the exchange at the end of Moonraker: 'What's Bond doing?' 'I think he's attempting re-entry, sir.'
2. From Russia with Love
3. Spy Who Loved Me pre-credits ski jump
4. That pellet that inflates and explodes things from Live and Let Die
5. DB5 obvs
7. Red from FRWL
8. When Tatiana says her mouth is too big. "No it's just the right size. For me ;;;;)"
1. Bond - connery
2. Film - hmm so many I think that goldfinger, golderneye and tomorrow never dies are all very strong
3. Stunts - The ski-ing down the ice slopes at the begining of a view to a kill
4. Gadget - the various watches
5. Car - Aston Martin DB5
6. Girl - honey rider....no solitairre from thunderball, although whats her name from the world is not enough is pretty darn fine
7. Bad guy - oddjob or scaramanga
8. Quip - in thunderball, he says to apparent widow grieving at funeral "my condolances" then punches 'her' fully in the face (the widow is in fact a kgb colonel
8. Quip no 2 - In Golderneye, he is on a hairpin road with a dull english woman in his aston martin, he is overtaken by Ivana Onatop and they have a manic race.....the dull english woman in the car complains " saying James Im as blah blah blah as the next woman but blah blah blah" then referring to Ivana Onatop "who's that" Bond replies "the next woman"
9) best chase - the ariel shots of the boat chase along the meandering river in live and let die is very beautiful and melds perfectly with the film score
10) best chase 2 - the meandering ski chase down the mountain with the music and the flares in OHMSS used to thrill me to bits when I was a kid....the theme tune being fantastic for any sort of action (still get a tingle down my spine)
I did not mean solitairre...I meant Domino
still you can see why I got confused
No 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci59Ff7SHvc
No 10) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrkerh77MYY brilliantly exciting music
No 9) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3cEF5wfk0o the wakes up the meandering river with the orchestration from 4:08 seemed incredibly beautiful film making to me
as indeed does did this
No 6) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JflJktXxhlQ
and No 8) Brilliant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBBbG4gsQDw
in maybe Man with the Golden Gun
this film has everything. Sheriff JW Pepper, Jane Seymour, Voodoo shit, alligator jumping
Jane Seymour is a bit wet though.
10) best chase
11) best fight
12) best (i.e. worst) joke name......like 'Plenty O'Toole' 'Pussy Galore' 'Honey Rider' 'Ivana Onatop'
When that kicks in you're just like, oh man James Bond is the best thing in the world
1. Bond - Connery
2. Film – Casino Royale
3. Stunt – jumping off the dam in GoldenEye
4. Gadget – The Nokia Communicator controller for a BMW 5-Series in Tomorrow Never Dies
5. Car – Aston Martin DB5
6. Girl – Eva Green
7. Bad guy - Jaws
8. Quip – after electrocuting a guy in a bath “Shocking” (I think)
I’ll add 9. – Game – 007 GoldenEye
2. Tomorrow Never Dies
3. Union Jack/Skiing parachute Jump. The closest Roger Moore gets to giving the finger
4. Crocodile disguised boat thing (Octopussy).I like the gadgets that would be of no use except in one utterly unlikely scenario
5. Lotus Esprit
6. Pussy Galore (or most of 'strong' ones)
8. "Just being disarming, darling"
9. BEST MUSIC? John Barry's OHMSS theme
1. Bond - Connery
2. Film - Goldfinger
3. Stunt - The bridge jump in Live & Let Die
4. Gadget - Gas pellet gun used to inflate Mr Kananga
5. Car - The Aston in Goldfinger
6. Girl - Halle Berry
7. Bad guy - Scaramanga
8. Quip -
By Bond: I thought Christmas only comes once a year
By Villain: No Mr Bond. I expect you to die
2. From Russia With Love
3. Dam jump/plane combo.
4. Grenade pen
6. Tatiana Romanova
8. "I must be dreaming..."
1. Bond - Jimmy Eggs
2. Film - The Queen Is Not Enough
3. Stunt - kickflip over the line of frisky dobermans on union jack skateboard
4. Gadget - flick knife
5. Car - Ford Ka that transforms into a hatchback
6. Girl - Xena Warriorprincess
7. Bad guy - M. Bison
8. Quip - when he comes out of the toilet in Bigfinger and goes 'I shouldn't have had the prawns'
my client was never cool
please leave the boards.
The Brosnan films are the absolute arsehole of the franchise.
And Brosnan was an excellent Bond in it too. Everything else, however, was a stinking ringpiece of a film experience.
Moore's my favourite Bond. Yeah he's a bit wooden but innuendo-Bond is the best type of Bond. And he did it the best. So, yeah.