Whittington Park Football Pitch
The day after the Champions League final, when we all will be celebrating that last minute winner by Arjan Robben, scored from an off-side position, with his hand. And enjoy Tery's tears (again).
For those of you hoping to play in a DiS 5-a-side this weekend, unfortunately that's not going to happen, as it clashes with the conclusion of the Premier League, and some other non-football related activities that are none of your business. However, if you do want to play, let me know and I probably can slot you in on Friday evening (6 PM kick-off).
The international friendly against Mama FC has been confirmed for Saturday 16 June at Market Road, kick-off 10 AM. We'll have another international friendly coming up, against Churchfields, at the end of June. Time and location t.b.c.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 16 June: international friendly against Mama FC
Sunday 24 June: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 30 June: international freindly against Churchfields
Sunday 22 July: regular 11-a-side