Whittington Park Football Pitch
Marathon day. The one day in the year that slightly overweight office workers battling a midlife crisis don their lycra and run the streets of London for 4 or 5 hours. Just imagine the collective chafing. Yikes.
Alternatively, you can ignore all this running palaver and come to North London to join our traditional monthly football game. Last month's edition was a hangover-induced goalfest featuring many comedy moments, watched by a sizeable up-for-it crowd. No doubt this one will be equally enjoyable.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 13 May: international friendly vs Chinese Community Centre
Sunday 20 May: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 24 June: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 22 July: regular 11-a-side