Finsbury Leisure Centre
Happy Easter! Our international friendly originally planned for this date has been postponed, so instead next Sunday we'll have a one off 5-a-side game for those who have missed playing football for a shorter or longer period. For this one, selection is not based on how often or how recently you have played: the first 10 to 12 players to sign up get a game.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a pretty decent astro-turf pitch
- there are changing/shower/toilet facilities, with lockers
- 5 min walk from Old St tube station (Northern line)
- arrive at 2:45 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 3:15 PM sharp
- 45 minutes at least, more if there's no booking after us
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced on Thursday
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Wetherspoons pub on Old Street(few mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 22 April: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 13 May: international friendly vs Chinese Community Centre
Sunday 20 May: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 24 June: regular 11-a-side