South Carriage Drive
Not to be confused with the slightly pedestrian US indie rockers, or the 19th century French newspaper, our next international friendly opponents are the illustrous Sunday League team that count Sean and Austrian Mike amongst their ranks. Rumours are that they are pretty good.
We will be travelling south of the river for this, which must be exciting for those of you who never venture to this tube-less bandit country. It's not the promised trip to Brighton, but still, a change of scenery from Whittington Park.
In other international friendly news, we will be playing the Chinese Community Centre in May (see below).
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- they don’t allow anyone to play in studded boots – even moulded. They insist on astroturf boots or trainers, and they do come out and check as well!!!
- there are changing and showering facilities
- the pitch is located in the south-west corner of the park (see http://ww3.wandsworth.gov.uk/NR/Wandsworth/images/battmap.gif)
- 10 min walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station
- 20 min walk from Sloane Square tube station (District and Circle lines)
- these buses pass by or near the Park: 19, 44, 49, 137, 156, 239, 319, 344, 345, 452
- arrive at 2:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour = blue
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in a nearby pub (suggestions welcome)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 15 April: possibly 5-a-side
Sunday 22 April: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 13 May: international friendly vs Chinese Community Centre
Sunday 20 May: regular 11-a-side