Whittington Park Football Pitch
Brought to you from a faraway country where all schoolboys and most grown men wear shorts all the time, and the national sport is played with an egg-shaped ball, here's the next installment of our regular work-out. Shorts mandatory.
Not sure where we are with the international friendlies; mr. Ormsby might have an update for us regarding the Brighton game, but the friendly for mid-April is off. Teams are just too scared to play us.
Fel free to bump this thread every now and then, as I won't be back for another week.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 31 March: possibly international friendly in Brighton
Sunday 15 April: possibly 5-a-side
Sunday 22 April: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 29 April: possibly international friendly