Whittington Park Football Pitch
Winter is unofficially over, following our traditionally thrilling indoor 5-a-side tournament, so expertly won by the Alperton Anitas. While that means that the big boys are returning to faraway destinations in their Champions & Europa Leagues, we shall venture closer to home, to our usual North London pitch, and hopefully play in the balmy spring sunshine.
Still not much progress on our international friendlies I'm afraid. No games in March other than the regular 11-a-side. The one team that are definitely interested has moved the date for their game to later in April. Some prospects for May are lurking as well. More info to follow.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 25 March: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 15 April: possibly international friendly
Sunday 22 April: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 29 April: possibly international friendly