Sobell Leisure Centre
Just as winter finally kicks in, the third annual DiS 5-a-side football tournament will take place on Sunday 12 February in the warmth at the Sobell Centre near Finsbury Park.
If you want to participate, you will have to sign up as an individual (not as a team!). Once we know who is playing, everything will be thrown in the mixer and teams will be compiled and announced. Where possible, friends will be grouped in the same team, and sworn enemies will be kept apart. Feel free to put requests in, either in this thread, or via PM if you think it's controversial.
No prizes, you're just playing for the honour. Who can forget last year's winners, the truly amazing Deventer Dolphins?
Exact match rules & regulations to be published some time next week.
- we play on 5-a-side indoor pitches
- there are changing rooms with showers and lockers
- 5 min walk from Finsbury Park tube/rail station (Piccadilly/Victoria line)
- arrive on time, as all teams need to be ready and complete by the time we're due to kick off (latecomers may not be admitted)
- matches will be between 15 and 20 mins each
- expect to play 4 or 5 matches in total
- bring both a red shirt and a blue shirt
- bring trainers with light-coloured soles
- shinpads are optional
- deadline for signing up is Wednesday 8 Feb at midnight
- teams will be announced Friday 10 Feb around lunchtime
- 7 pounds each will be collected on the day BEFORE the start of the tournament (no pay = no play)
- the whole thing should be over by 5 PM at the latest
- post-match analysis in the Tollington pub on Hornsey Road (opposite the Sobell Centre)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Wednesday 8 February: curry night
Sunday 26 February: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 25 March: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 1 April: possibly international friendly