i realised over the weekend that you probably only ever use like 10% of a packet of toilet paper. all that extra paper at the edge or on the other side is purely to distance your hands from all manner of grubby substances. i can't think of anything other product that is only made out of one thing but you only use 10% of it. imagine if 90% of your bottle of vimto was purely there to make it possible to use the other 10%. they should put shitting quality tracing paper style paper at the edge of the roll and better quilted stuff in the middle on top of it. if this was true of cellotape there would be riots.
are there any other products that are a con like this?