Whittington Park Football Pitch
Our first game of the year was a closely fought cracker with a very good turn-out (apologies again to the people who had to be turned away). Contrasting tactics between the teams made all the difference, as usual. One in the hole you say?
Not too sure about hiring a ref for the games amongst ourselves. We've managed to do without one for over 3 years now, and it can be an organisational headache. Let's keep the ref for special occasions, such as our internationals. But if you want to persuade me otherwise, best to do that in the pub after the game (and not on Monday morning when I'm tired and grumpy).
5-a-side tournament in February looks like going ahead, but not much to report on other friendlies that may or not may take place in the near future.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 12 February: 5-a-side tournament
Sunday 26 February: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 25 March: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 1 April: possibly international friendly