My dad is holding a quiz night to raise money for his marathon run in April. He's asked me to come up with questions for a books/literature round, I need 10, and these are what I've come up with so far. I reckon you guys are a good sample quiz audience, so you can have a go and let me know if they're too easy, too hard, badly worded, too specific, not specific enough, full of mistakes, etc. Would be much appreciated.
1. What does the J stand for in JK Rowling?
2. Who wrote the epic poem Paradise Lost?
3. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bond film You Only Live Twice were written by which beloved children's author?
4. What is the name of Harper Lee's only novel, which went on to win the Pulitzer Prize?
5. Napoleon, Snowball and Boxer are characters in which novel?
6. 2011 saw the 400th anniversary of which book, which has never gone out of print?
7. Men Who Hate Women is the original title of which international bestseller, which has been filmed twice?
8. F.Scott Fitzgerald's novel "Tender is the Night" takes it's title from a poem by which Romantic poet?
9. Which is the only Shakespeare play set in Vienna?
10. The name of Charles Dickens' final, unfinished novel, is "The Mystery of..."
11. How many lines in a sonnet?