Whittington Park Football Pitch
New season. New opportunities to win one of those gleaming trophies, as the slate is wiped clean and the vote count has been reset, even though the emotional memory of our awards night has't faded yet: http://www.flickr.com/photos/markyssnaps/sets/72157628422762533/
Note that, by popular demand, I have pencilled in (provisionally) a date for our now almost traditional 5-a-side winter indoor tournament. Also, I'm negotiating some international friendlies against old and new friends. More news as soon as I have it.
And finally, I've only just come across this footage, but this is what we did last summer: http://beatcast.tv/2011/08/bsm-5-a-side-football-tournament-2011/ Last 16, if you must know.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 29 January
Sunday 12 February: 5-a-side tournament (t.b.c.)
Sunday 26 February
Sunday 25 March