Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
I fucking hate it.
just cos it's 90s doesn't give it free reign. It's a terrible song.
I'll go first
to my unborn child
doo-wop (doo wa ditty)
I had this weird OCD thing that I felt I needed to do the 4 quick hand claps on EVERY EPISODE other wise I would feel like I would have a bad day, or like fail. I did it all the time.
I passed btw. It obv worked.
I once tried to go without caring and ended up caving to the 4 claps somewhere in the middle of the episode.
I always voided the situation out if it was already into the episode when I put the channel on. That was my only rule.
It was always a bit awkward though when I would be sat there and have to sneakily clap my hands subtly on my lap without my housemates clocking me doing it.
though you should really pick your friends (ha!) by how seriously they take TV show theme songs.
and i was like why is the guy from Bugs in a band, that's gay
and then Friends became a big deal
and then everyone forgot it was by the guy who was in Bugs
DIE, FRIENDS THEME TUNE. DIE, PHOEBE. DIE, OVERENTHUSIASTIC AUDIENCE.
before any of you get SARCY
I'm guessing it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year.
so I started singing the song and it was awesome.
1. The theme song was awesome, and you HAD to do the handclaps, otherwise fiery rape demons from outer space would descend & enslave the entire earth
2. Phoebe became intolerable as the series went on, but that was the fault of the writing, and Lisa Kudrow was actually the most talented & funniest of the six leads
3. Ross was the shittest character, and the whole Ross/Rachel thing was the most unconvincing thing in the show, due to zero chemistry between the two principals. I imagine that David Schwimmer & Jennifer Aniston were slightly repulsed by each other in real life
4. Chandler always had the best lines
5. Monica was utterly forgettable, you could have rewritten the entire series with Chandler single + 4 friends without breaking a sweat
6. Joey was the worst spinoff in TV history
and those songs got really, really excruciating.
I've ever read.
let me make a few minor amendments, though:
1. The theme song, whilst being fucking annoying, was still by far the best thing about the show.
2. Phoebe started intolerable and then got worse.
3. Every other character was shit in their own ways.
4. Chandler did have the best lines, though — agreed.
5. Already covered under point 3, I think.
6. Joey was the spinoff in TV history — close enough to the truth as to let slide as is.
Fucking hate that.
it's aged badly
ross is obviously the best character though and david schwimmer is the best actor and the best general human being out of all of them.
i.e. I know you're out there, and yet your beliefs are so diametrically opposed to mine that I find it hard to believe you actually exist
i would kill myself with a hammer
Calling himself 'The Rossatron' is enough on it's own to make him better than Phoebe, Monica and Joey.
and was like, "woah, they did TWO tv themes? must be millionaires!!!"