Whittington Park Football Pitch
The rematch of the game that has been cursed by the weathergods. The first one was cancelled due to a frozen pitch, the second one was played during a rainstorm of biblical proportions, so if this one is not affected by some sort of freak weather I'll be bitterly disappointed. Let's hope it's a heatwave though.
We won last time, with a convincing 3 - 0 win, so let's see if we can repeat that glorios result. But be warned, Mama FC are very keen on revenge and have promised to bring their full squad this time. The match will be played under supervision of a proper FA referee, so start practicing your throw-ins, and please please please, wear shinpads.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 2:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeeper) will be viewed favourably.
Tuesday 13 December (end of season festivities)
Sunday 8 January (regular 11-a-side)
Saturday 14 January (last.fm 5-a-side rematch, t.b.c.)
Sunday 29 January (regular 11-a-side)