Whittington Park Football Pitch
Last regular game of the season. This is the one that decides the golden boot, and it is the final opportunity to go for the limelight and impress the judges for our annual DiS Awards. I need more suggestions for the comedy awards by the way (http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4309016).
Bar the rematch against Mama FC, there will be no games in December. Not even 5-a-side. Go and do something Christmassy instead, stuff the turkey and yourself and then run it all off during the double-game month of January. See below for details.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 3 December (11-a-side rematch vs Mama FC)
Tuesday 13 December (end of season festivities)
Sunday 8 January (regular 11-a-side)
Sunday 29 January (regular 11-a-side)