Whittington Park Football Pitch
Penultimate 'proper' game of the season, even though the return leg of our ongoing struggle with Mama FC has now been confirmed for December, and there is still a possibility that we play another international in November.
On a separate note, we should start thinking about the End Of Season Awards night, and in particular to pick a date that is convenient for most people (it is impossible to find a day that everyone can make it, as we know from previous experience).
Possible dates: Mon 12 Dec, Tue 13 Dec, Wed 14 Dec, Mon 19 Dec, Tue 20 Dec, Wed 21 Dec or Thu 22 Dec. All other days in December are already taken. Suggestions for a central London venue are also welcome, especially if you have "contacts" to secure a suitable space for us.
And finally, I'll be away for the next 2 weeks, arriving back in the country on the morning of this game, so updates and team announcements may be slightly more irregular than usual. Feel free to bump this thread every now and then.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 13 Nov (another 11-a-side international or 5-a-side)
Sunday 27 Nov (regular 11-a-side)
Saturday 3 December (11-a-side rematch vs Mama FC)
???day ? December - End Of Season Awards