each friday at work we have a quiz. i got to set this week's one. see how you all do, no googling:
1. Today is Bruce Springsteen's birthday. How old is he?
2. Where would you find the Sea of Tranquility?
3. Dakar is the capital of which African country?
4. How many stations are there on the Jubilee Line?
5. Who is the Secretary of State for International Development?
6. What programme was the most watched single broadcast of the 1980s?
7. What country was the world's most popular tourist destination in 2010?
8. Which one of these has not appeared on Sesame Street: Kofi Annan, Bill Clinton, Buzz Aldrin, Margaret Thatcher?
9. What is the most popular religion in Sri Lanka?
10. What treaty was signed on March 3rd 1918?
11. Famous for its out-of-focus skull (an example of 'anamorphosis'), who painted the still life "The Ambassadors" in 1533?
12. What was Christmas #1 in 2003?
13. What is the nearest star to our solar system, outside our solar sytem?
14. In what year did Mario first appear in a computer game?
15. In what sport would you find the Tashkent Terror?
16. In which country was the inaugural Miss World crowned in 1951?
17. What is the third element on the periodic table?
18. Which European country has a national orchestra larger than its army?
19. Ascorbic acid is a form of what?
20. Who composed the score to "Midnight Cowboy"?
21. Which political party has the 4th highest number of seats in the House of Commons?