Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Just that, what do you want from a magazine?
and for it to be called white dwarf. an in depth battle report wouldnt go amiss either
without first flicking through 30 pages of glossy adverts
Depends on what sort of magazine - I buy literary magazines, music magazines (less often now), and fashion magazines. I want something different from each of them. Generally, it's nice to have an opinion piece that I don't feel like I've read a dozen times before.
And pictures of King Buzzo.
That wasn't meant to be a question mark... This is definitely for my thesis research.
affordable clothes advertised, a few of those fragrance strips, a contents page(!), a reviews section (particularly film), amusing/interesting stories.
quizzes about boys
pictures of Justin Bieber<333
and issue 2 for free
The trashier the better.
i am anti magazines
Men with cats
or you know, just intersting stuff.
It's quite hard to answer this q without having a genre like. I love reading 'The Week' as well as 442 sometimes, but for different reasons.
it arrives every quarter (it arrive today in fact)
It's about modernist buildings and cool stories associated with them around the North West. The money I pay supports the society that produce it to keep running cool free walking tours and stuff.
2) Some stuff about cars that I can understand even though I've never owned a car
3) Sport. Just football basically unless an England team have won at something that week/month
4) Pictures of injuries - shark bites, sport injuries, massive testicles etc
5) Some terrible clothes
6) Sex advice page. 'Written' by some booby type who's shown inexplicably dressed as a slutty nurse/policewoman
7) Some jokes, preferably by terrible famous comedians
8) Interview with somebody who's actually pretty interesting, but edited down to fit 3 pages max
What shall we call it? I think ZUTS
and maybe some shareware/freeware stuff. NO A1200 ONLY.
apples vs pears, on the moon, with an orange as the ref :D
I also remember Cannon Soccer, Senisible World of Moon Soccer & Sensible Soccer England v Germany (with Cannon Fodder men using grenades)
i've never seen this before!
If you want to be MORE help, I've got a survey too https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/whatdoyouwantfromamag