Whittington Park Football Pitch
The last two DiS games were both endurance tests, with one being a goals-filled 10 v 10 + no subs spectacle, and the other a lengthy 2 hours+ 5-a-side marathon. Those who played in both must be superfit by now (or still drunk, in Verbal's case).
Anyway, let's see if we can get two full teams together for our next DiS Football episode, without any Sunday morning/afternoon late cancellations please.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 9 Oct (11-a-side v Chinese Community Centre)
Sunday 30 Oct
Sunday 6 Nov or 13 Nov or 20 Nov (rematch v Mama FC, details t.b.c.)
Sunday 27 Nov
no games in December