Finsbury Leisure Centre
For various reasons I haven't been able to find a willing opponent to compete against in a proper 11-a-side contest so instead this Sunday we'll have a one off 5-a-side game for those who have been missing playing football and got bored by recent events in the now closed Premier League transfer window instead.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a pretty decent astro-turf pitch
- there are changing/shower/toilet facilities, with lockers
- 5 min walk from Old St tube station (Northern line)
- arrive at 2:45 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 3:15 PM sharp
- 45 minutes at least, more if there's no booking after us
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced on Thursday
- 4 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Wetherspoons pub on Old Street(few mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 25 Sep
Sunday 9 Oct (11-a-side v Chinese Community Centre)
Sunday 30 Oct
Sunday 6 Nov or 13 Nov or 20 Nov (rematch v Mama FC, details t.b.c.)
Sunday 27 Nov