My names Sean Adams, you may remember me from such popular threads as "SEAN!" and "Sean."
Today I would like to to talk to you about the smashing of threads, and the ire it causes. It has come to my attention that this phenomenon is still very much prevalent, especially in so-called MEGA-THREADS and when the site is really busy.
In order to stop you wanting to pick up your keyboard and repeatedly shoving the corner of it in your eye until you dig through to your brain, I would like your assistance in trying to figure out what this problem is, once and for all. Collectively, I'm sure we can spot some logical pattern.
A few things to look out for:
- do you need to hit rebuild after this-ing something and then replying further down (with the #83874 still on the end of the url?)
- do you find that a thread goes wonky more often when it quickly goes from nought to 45 replies?
- does it happen more in the first few replies than later on in a thread?
- once a thread has been rebuilt, does it happen less often?
- is it happening more at certain times of days than others?
- do you notice any other patterns?
- are threads about broken things killing drowned in sound?
- is music killing music?
- who killed Kenny?