Actually this is a pretty rubbish discussion, I just feel like starting a 'Doctor Who is shit' thread (there's no specific ones, I checked)
The NEW Doctor Who incantation of course. I used to watch the old Doctor Who re-runs from the 60's/70's when I was younger, and though my recollection of it is a bit vague, I thought it those series were much, much better than the new ones.
- The Hollywoodisation of the show. Reminiscent of the legions of crap adaptation/remakes of cult/popular culture, whereby the studios dispense with all the distinguishing features of the original and leave it with empty cliches.
- Transformation of the Doctor from a mysterious, otherworldly, charismatic figure into a pop culture referencing wise guy. No real evidence of the 'Doctor'.
- CBBC production values. The original series relied on locations, often used stark landscapes and minimalistic set design, contributing to the dystopian feel. Now they have dodgy CGI planets.
- Over sentimentality. Don't remember the previous Doctor Who being so saccharine. It's a sci fi not a soap opera.
- ADHD script. Whenever I see it everybody's rushing around and shouting. Why can't they keep a leisurely pace, leave it room to breathe? Maybe 'cos the scripts aren't all that.