Whittington Park Football Pitch
Summer is supposed to be a quiet period, but the DiS football boots have seen plenty of action. Only 4 weeks ago we enacted our most recent "traditional" contest, and since then we have been defending the good name of DiS as far afield as Wembley and Caledonian Road, with varying succes. And varying weather. And there is more to come: a gentle kick-about with optional liquid refreshments (and insults for the barmaid) afterwards.
Also, note that again, another team has challenged us to a game, in October. And maybe one in September too. Details below.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 11 Sep (maybe against some team, otherwise 5-a-side)
Sunday 25 Sep
Sunday 9 Oct (11-a-side v Chinese Community Centre)
Sunday 30 Oct