Islington Tennis Centre
Proudly brought to you by Colin and me, our second attempt at that international friendly where we play Mama FC (aka The Fly plus associated companies). The first game got snowed off in December, but hopefully the weather gods are a bit kinder to us this time. The match will be played under supervision of a proper FA referee, so start practicing your throw-ins, and please please please, wear shinpads.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 5 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeeper) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 21 August
Sunday 11 September (maybe against some team, otherwise 5-a-side)
Sunday 25 September
Sunday 9 October (5-a-side, probably)
Sunday 30 October