I'm in need of some inspiration for my tea tonight (so any vegetarian ones would be appreciated) and we haven't had these for a while.
Here's mine, it's a recipe invented by my girlfriend but it's well nice.
Pea and mint pasta in a creamy sauce with braised fennel
Couple of shallots
1 fennel per 2 people
Filled pasta (you could make your own but Sainsbury's do a nice pea and mint one)
1. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan and pan fry the fennel (chopped in half lengthways) until it starts to go soft. Add stock to the pan until it's somewhere near the top of the fennel. Simmer on a reasonably low heat.
2. In another pan, heat some more oil and fry shallots. Add garlic when shallots are softened and lemon juice/seasoning when the garlic is cooked. Cook for a further 5 minutes, turn the heat down and add cream to it.
3. Cook pasta according to recipe
4. Combine pasta and cream/shallot mixture, stirring in some chopped mint.
5. Place the fennel on top of the pasta and serve with some nice bread.
There you go. Cue 1,000 recipes for 'beans on toast' or the like.