Whittington Park Football Pitch
It's the silly season where professional football and newspapers are concerned, although I prefer the Dutch word for this time of year: "cucumber-time". This fruit is as boring as the current transfer rumours, so we'll have to make our entertainment. Like scoring improbable headers. Or staring in horror at Rambo's oozing knee.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 17 July
Sunday 7 August vs The Fly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 21 August
Sunday 11 Sep (maybe against some team, otherwise 5-a-side)
Sunday 25 September