Finsbury Leisure Centre
One off 5-a-side game for those who can't get enough of playing football and are not going to see Pulp in Hyde Park on Sunday. The pitch is fairly big, so we can accomodate 6-a-side quite easily too.
Some people have been asking about the 7-a-side pitch at Worship Street (i.e. Powerleague City) but unfortunately, it is rather pricey to play there, and they are very inflexible as far as changing/cancelling is concerned.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a pretty decent astro-turf pitch
- there are changing and toilet facilities, with lockers
- 5 min walk from Old St tube station (Northern line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- 45 minutes at least, more if there's no booking after us
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced on Thursday
- 4 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the The Trader pub on Whitecross Street(2 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 17 July
Sunday 7 August vs The Fly (t.b.c.)
Sunday 21 August
Sunday 11 Sep (maybe against some team, otherwise 5-a-side)
Sunday 25 September