I'm going to Seoul for the summer and I'm confused a lot. Things I don't really get that you might be able to answer bits of, maybe?:
1. How early are you supposed to get to the airport? My flight is around 7pm on a Friday from terminal 4. I've never caught a flight by myself before. And I'm not very good at working things out. I might just go in the morning so I can be sure and deal with the boredom, I guess. But what's the usual?
2. http://www.koreanair.com/local/eu/gd/eng/aa/bt/eng_bg_0101.jsp#2 <--- am I understanding this right in thinking there's no size limit to the suitcase for 'outside americas', just a weight one?
3. What's it like with carry-on luggage size allowance? Is a rucksack too big? And could you carry a soft toy separately or would that not be allowed?
4. Do I need to tell my bank I'm going abroad? They won't block payments and stuff if I don't, will they?
5. Is it easy to use a debit card abroad at like cash machines and stuff? They costs don't look very much, but I might be viewing it wrong. I can't really take three months worth of cash though...
6. How much is a good amount to take in cash?
7. I want to take my iPhone for the camera, but scared off charges and stuff. If I take out the sim will it actually work? And can you use the wifi on it as normal with sim out and abroad?
8. The cheapest insurance I can find (just need it for emergency medical stuff) is like £150. Does this sound right? It's so expensive :-(
9. My dorm told me "You should take medical check-up of chest x-ray for TB and blood test for Hepatitis B" and I said I couldn't and they said get it done in Korea. Is this going to cost me hundreds? So annoyed they didn't mention it BEFORE I paid them. Urgh.
10. You can use games consoles on planes right? Anyone know a good RPG/strategy game (preferably J-, but if it's good...) for the DS released since mid-2009? I won't have played it.
11. Anyone have anything to say about Seoul at all?
12. Anyone ever done the whole roommate thing? Is it as bad as I'm assuming it's going to be?