Whittington Park Football Pitch
Premiership footballers may be off on their summer holidays, or have much-needed hair transplants, but we are made of sterner stuff, so our monthly games will continue unabatedly.
Last month game was a classic, without any disruption from the lcoal kids, and rumours that the 2010 Player Of The Year will return from injury for our June match are rife. Excited yet?
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 3 July (5 or 7-a-side, provisionally)
Sunday 17 July
Sunday 21 August
Sunday 25 September