what are you planning to read this summer? I have some fairly long train journeys over the next month (over 50 hours) and then I'm going to sit about in parks and cafes for much of June and July.
Here are some things I have with me and am going to read
- some Katherine Mansfield short stories by Katherine Mansfield
- The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco
- Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskill
- Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
Recommend me stuff? I want novels. With interesting ideas and beautiful prose. Fairly easy to to read. Easy to get a hold of. Maybe some magical realism or something.