Public park pitch
Corner of Carrer de Llull and Carrer de Selva de Mar
By popular demand, this will be the first of a couple of informal 5-a-side matches for DiS footballers who will be making the trip to Barcelona next week for the annual Primavera Sound festival. If the first game on Wednesday 25th May is succesful, there will be more games on following days. Otherwise, this little plan will die a quiet death.
If you can't make the first one, but you are interested in playing later in the week, there are 3 ways you can stay in touch:
1) this thread will be updated with new details
2) follow our Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/disfooty
3) send me your mobile no via PM (if I don't already have it) and you'll get a text
- we play on a 5-a-side hardcourt pitch
- there are no changing and toilet facilities, but you can sneak into the hotel next door in case of emergency
- alternatively, our apartment is nearby, so if you ask nicely I might be able to sort you out
- 2 min walk from Selva de Mar metro station (L4 line)
- Tram T4 and buses 7, 26, 36, 41 and 141 all stop near the park
- 10 min walk from Parc Forum (main festival site)
- arrive at 1:45 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 30 minutes + 5 min break
- one team will play in training bibs, the other team not
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced before the start of the game
- there is no charge for playing
- post-match analysis under the trees in the park (there are no decent bars in the immediate vicinity - bring your own drink, or there is a supermarket on the next block)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.