Whittington Park Football Pitch
For those people who can't make the Manchester game, your next opportuntity to play football has arrived. As well as the opportunity to be be bored to death by exciting stories of our exploits up north.
We'll be back at Whittington Park. Last month's game at Market Road was a good reminder how much better the astro truf is on this pitch. Our game clashes with a televised Arsenal match, so hopefully that will keep the kids away.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 5 June (provisionally, 5 or 7-a-side )
Sunday 19 June
Sunday 17 July
Sunday 21 August