Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
The stuff about Titus' world heritage site has got me all sorts of not having a clue..
which brand of cereal do I get my decoder ring from?
how am I shaping up?
obsessed with reading about numbers stations. this is probably far easier to solve.
I thought this was going to be about that guy who was murdered with coded messages on him and the FBI have now released them to the public.
i'm going to win those science festival tickets.
Found in worsearch:
'Entablature' (architrave, frieze and cornice)
'Pharaoh' (egyptian ruler)
'Mince' (finely chop?)
leaving three words from finely chop, whiten, apeman, equipment(?)
They also had to go through years of your life history to see if you had anything you might be blackmailed about, or were likely to take bribes. Then, after filling in endless forms, passing loads of tests, being interviewed about a million times, and sitting through a sounds-interesting-but-not-really omg-terrorists-are-planning-to-attack-London-WHAT-DO-WE-DO? group activity thing, they told me I didn't have enough experience. I reckon me telling them that I thought it was a bit rich of the West to stop Iran getting nukes when we had them didn't do me many favours either. Whatever.
I was counting on the computer geeks and maths bods to do all that kind of thing for me.
* One of a pack of rats - FRANK SINATRA / DEAN MARTIN / SAMMY DAVIS JR
* An animator... - FLOYD NORMAN
* Architect of Thatcherism - NORMAN LAMONT
* Irish Painter - ???
* Polish born English Novelist - JOSEPH CONRAD
* A fifth Beatle - STUART SUTCLIFFE / PETE BEST / GEORGE MARTIN / BRIAN EPSTEIN?
* Scientist who became unit of inductance - JOSEPH HENRY
* American born author who became British - HENRY JAMES
* Solo performer previously part of duo - ???
* British comedy actress - VICTORIA WOOD?
* Convicted... - BARRY GEORGE
* Discoverer of the first Betablocker - JAMES BLACK
* Film critic and TV presenter - BARRY NORMAN
* Speaker - JOHN BERCOW?
* Jailed newspaper tycoon - CONRAD BLACK
* Author of "Voices of the Old Sea" - NORMAN LEWIS
* Rebel Without a Cause - JAMES DEAN
* A Humorist, writer, producer and TV/radio host / artist and printmaker / magician / financial journalist / basketball player. - ???
* A TV chef - KEITH FLOYD
cba to sketch it all out w/ links
*British comedy actress - PENELOPE KEITH