Islington Tennis Centre
!!!EARLY KICK-OFF ALERT!!!
For one game, and one game only, you shall have a shorter than usual lie-in on Sunday morning so that we (me, mainly) can combine playing a match and watching a match on the same day. In particular useful if you're a supporter of Bolton, Stoke, Arsenal or Liverpool. Note that in order to facilitate this early kick-off, the match venue has been moved to our old hunting grounds at Market Road. It's almost like proper Sunday League football.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 11:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 12 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 7 May (North v South in Manchester)
Sunday 15 May
Sunday 5 June (provisionally, 7-a-side )
Sunday 19 June
Sunday 17 July