Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
I've become totally addicted to Flick Football on my iPod Touch
Maybe it's on Android too
I think that's how it works anyway, I have no idea.
I haven't stopped being excited yet that my phone goes 'beep' when I get AN EMAIL. 21st century, hell yeah!
Fruit Slice (Ronseal)
iBasket (be amazed at how poorly you judge distances on a phone screen)
Jewels (Bejewelled clone; standard)
Paper Toss (Ronseal)
PewPew (nice little vector graphics shooter thing)
Pool Break Demo (great pool game. The features you lose when the trial period expires are cack anyway)
Shoko Rocket (ChuChu Rocket! clone, if that means anything to you)
Slice It! (if you enjoy solving geometry problems in your free time. I don't, my girlfriend's nuts for it. Wimmins!)
Speedx 3D (BRILLIANT tunnel racer thing)
Tiger SNES (SNES emulator. Perhaps not completely 100% legal to get games from ROM Gripper or Emulator ROMS, but if playing Chrono Trigger on the bus to work is wrong, I don't want to be right)
DroidStats (keeps track of your usage in widget format. Saves a little bit of hassle if your network provider makes it difficult for you to check this stuff)
Quickoffice (for viewing doc, docx, xls and pdf files and such)
Titanium Backup (because sometimes, shit happens)
TuneIn Radio (good web radio station app)
Widgetsoid (you know that power widget that lets you turn your wifi on and off and stuff? It's like that, but better)
Oh, and there's a game called GUN BROS that looks aces but I need to free up some space on my phone/buy a bigger SD card before I get into it.
and if you can get it on Android phones Land a Panda
THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU
Don't use words with friends, get WORD FEUD instead and then ADD ME!! LET'S HAVE A GAME!!
but I'll do word feud as well. I can handle both, totes.
I'm just about managing to send emails currently. Presumably connecting it to the laptop is the way to go for getting thses thingumys....
P.S I like the sound of free!
You download new stuff from there.
- Weather notification: a good weather app, shows the temperature in your notifications bar
- Whatsapp: like a chat app but you don't need to sign up to anything, it's all done through your mobile number. Good if you have a limited text allowance
- Tweetdeck: best alternative Twitter app, IMO
- Simple Last.fm Scrobbler: scrobbles stuff you play, and coupled with the Cubed player (sometimes called '3') makes your handset a great mp3 player
- Google Sky Map: AMAZING JUST DOWNLOAD IT
- Good Morning: alarm which you can program to say ANYTHING YOU WANT to wake you up. Can also play music, tell you the weather, read out appointments etc
- Dolphin Browser Mini: much better than stock browser
- Chrome to phone: if you use Chrome at home you can send stuff to your phone with ONE CLICK
- Beeb anywhere: read the BBC website offline etc...
No idea why that's backwards but OH WELL.
to Google Sky Map. Great fun on a clear night :D
Game Dev Story
Vignette - simply superb camera app, my phone has replaced my digital compact because of it
Rail Planner Live
Also, well done for choosing Android. The fact you can make your phone look like this http://i.imgur.com/gI5aS.png automatically makes it a bajillion times better than an iphone
What's that date widget?!
Then you set the theme to Dyma Dynamics. It's rather cool isn't it??
P.S. I've got rubbish letters :(
that's amaze. can't quite get the background like that though. sad face.
I have never felt more alive. However I'm not having an enormous amount of success with these app thing ys... I can see an icon top left with the market logo on, but I can't work out how to open em. Such a noob..
They should be in the app drawer. That icn usually appears when there are updates available for your apps so you must have some somewhere!
Went a bit mental with apps to start off with but calmed down since. Might download a load of stuff later for kicks.