Whittington Park Football Pitch
After our somewhat traumatic experience against Puregroove, and the unlikelihood that The Fly match will go ahead any time soon, we shall revert to our regular Sunday afternoon game, with a slightly more relaxed approach including (hopefully) less aggro from the local kids.
Also, I am about to renew our block booking for Whittington Park, so if you think this pitch should no longer be our venue of choice, now is the time to raise your objections (but you better come up with a bloody good alternative in that case).
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are brand new changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 17 April
Saturday 7 May (North v South in Manchester, details t.b.c.)
Sunday 15 May
Sunday 19 June