Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Cannot POSSIBLY be real?
If it is, then these people *are* living breathing abortions. Cases where they've discarded the foetus and accidentally rescusitated the afterbirth, and BINGO. Extreme-christian nutcase.
hopefully wont go through though
What a beacon of progress South Dakota is. Some other facts about S.D.;
1) They have the same GDP as Croatia.
2) 13.2% of the state is below the poverty line.
3) It's heavily Republican dominated.
4) They're low ranking in terms of education, even by US standards. Although they do have a graduation rate of 89%
5) They have a law that says a woman over fifty is not allowed to go outside and strike up a conversation with a married man older than 20.
On the upside, I hear they have nice views.
1) Croatia hasn't had anywhere near as easy a history as South Dakota, and doesn't have US federal funding to help either.
2) No, but it's still bad.
3) It hasn't supported a Democratic presidental candidate since '64. It hasn't had a Democrat governer since '78. In 2006, Republicans held a 10% voter registrations advantage over Dems.
Bringing this up because let's face it, this is exactly the kind of shit you'd associate with the lunatic fringe from the Republicans.
4) It does better than many other terrible areas too. What's your point here? That because there are worse things they shouldn't bother?
5) Didn't say it was. Thought it was funny.
I wasn't the one saying America was crazy mind.
The choice to kill someone.
so nothing new there
Last night I had a dream that you were in some sort of TV studio with Stewart Lee and you kept tugging on his hair. Louis Walsh was there as well selling some new technological gadgets and in an attempt to impress Stewart Lee he wrote on his laptop in DOS 'Look what you can fucking do with this haha' completely misjudging Stewart Lee and thinking it'd make him cool by swearing. Needless to say I woke up pretty much laughing my way out of bed.
swearing is pretty fresh though
22-16-35. Homicide is justifiable if committed by any person in the lawful defense of such person, or of his or her husband, wife, parent, child, master, mistress, or servant, or the unborn child of any such enumerated person, if there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a felony, or to do some great personal injury, and imminent danger of such design being accomplished.
i agreed with the enforcement thing, and also highlighted the word lawful there
on roe vs. wade in this country.
they're trying to pass all of these bills to restrict taxpayer funding for abortion (which rarely happens anyway), impose high premiums for insurance providers that cover abortions, and take away funding from planned parenthood, a service that provides reproductive health care. it's really sickening. :(
but lately i feel like it's been worse. assuming you also heard that they tried to change the definition of rape? absolute insanity.
i'm really curious -- does the UK have the same crazy pro-life groups that we have in the US? are they as vocal and ridiculous?
thanks for the info. i wish i could say it was a settled issue over here :(
1) They call themselves pro-life because it has lots of positive implications and sounds better than 'anti abortion'. You don't have to play along with this. Especially considering they are by no means actually pro-life. Pro-human-if-I-say-so-life definitely, but not pro-life.
2) No, they don't. I think? Although that said, abortion is illegal in my country unless it threatens the life of the, but I think we're working towards it. Just need the current old generation to die off. Very few people under the age of 40 or so have a problem with it.
Won't be legalised for many more years, but we've come a long way from the 60's.
Before performing an abortion, a South Dakota doctor must offer the woman the opportunity to view a sonogram. And under a law passed in 2005, doctors are required to read a script meant to discourage women from proceeding with the abortion: 'The abortion will terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being.' Until recently, doctors also had to tell a woman seeking an abortion that she had 'an existing relationship with that unborn human being' that was protected under the Constitution and state law and that abortion poses a 'known medical risk' and 'increased risk of suicide ideation and suicide.'
."In August 2009, a US District Court Judge threw out those portions of the script, finding them "untruthful and misleading." .
also, it looks like only the last part was scrapped - they still have the guilt-tripping spiel on how you're basically a horrible disgusting murderer who wants to destroy a UNIQUE human being if you go ahead with it
just wanted to point out that at least someone succeeded in taking those parts out, even if they appealed it..