Whittington Park Football Pitch
This website is currently painfully slow, much like my legs as they still haven't recovered from our glorious 5-a-side tournament victory. One more time: clap clap Dol clap clap Phins clap clap!
Back to business as usual however, and we have the next 11-a-side coming up for the last weekend of this month. You know the drill, a reply to this thread with any IN-based pun should secure your place on the teamsheet.
Also, please have a good look at the forthcoming fixtures list below, in particular the ones in April and May. The proposed dates have taken as much as possible into account various bank holidays, weddings, Cup & Premier League finals and the music festival calendar, but as it is a busy period, it is inevitable that the matches will clash with something else. Feel free to leave (positive) feedback on these plans.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Sunday 27 March
Sunday 17 April
Saturday 7 May (North v South, in Manchester)
Sunday 15 May