Sobell Leisure Centre
By popular demand, the second annual DiS 5-a-side football tournament will take place on Sunday 13 February in the afternoon at the Sobell Centre near Finsbury Park.
If you want to participate, you will have to sign up as an individual (not as a team!). Once we know who is playing, everything will be thrown in the mixer and teams will be compiled and announced. Where possible, friends will be grouped in the same team, and sworn enemies will be kept apart. Feel free to put requests in, either in this thread, or via PM if you think it's controversial.
No prizes, you're just playing for the honour. Last year the Cold Pumas (not the actual band) won, and they are still basking in their glory.
- we play on 5-a-side indoor pitches
- there are changing rooms with showers and lockers
- 5 min walk from Finsbury Park tube/rail station (Piccadilly/Victoria line)
- arrive on time, as all teams need to be ready and complete by the time we're ready to kick off (latecomers may not be admitted)
- matches will be between 15 and 20 mins each
- expect to play 4 or 5 matches in total
- bring both a red shirt and a blue shirt
- bring trainers with light-coloured soles
- shinpads are optional
- deadline for signing up is Wednesday 9 Feb at midnight
- teams will be announced Friday 11 Feb around lunchtime
- 7 pounds each will be collected on the day BEFORE the start of the tournament (no pay = no play)
- the whole thing should be over by 5 PM at the latest
- post-match analysis in the Tollington pub on Hornsey Road (opposite the Sobell Centre)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
FUTURE 11-A-SIDE FIXTURES
Sunday 27 February
Sunday 27 March
Sunday 17 April
Sunday 15 May or 22 May (t.b.c.)