Whittington Park Football Pitch
Following our epic but ultimately one-sided battle of the twins earlier this month, another opportunity to stretch the legs for a gentle ball-kicking. It is the day after the annual Windmill wreckage otherwise known as Zonino (details here: www.drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4274037) but don't let that stop you: bamos has had some of his best performances on 3 hours sleep, a lukewarm fry up and half a packet of Camel Lights.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 13 February (5-a-side tournament)
Sunday 27 February
Sunday 27 March
Sunday 17 April