Whittington Park Football Pitch
New season. New opportunities to win one of those gleaming trophies, as the slate is wiped clean and the vote counts have been reset, even though the splendid memories of our awards night haven't faded yet. And El still has to receive his goalkeeper of the year trophy at half-time.
Note that, by popular demand, I have pencilled in (provisionally) a date for a repeat of the 5-a-side indoor tournament we did at the start of this year. Let me know if you think this is a rubbish idea.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 30 January
Sunday 13 February: 5-a-side festival (t.b.c.)
Sunday 27 February
Sunday 27 March