Not had a thread on this yet? lets have one.
Wikileaks have published a whole raft of communications from, to and between US embassies over the last year or so. They make some pretty saucy reading in places.
Here are some tasty/unsurprising tit-bits:
- Afghan vice-president suspected of corruption after being stopped with $52 cash in Yemen.
- cover up of US air-strikes on Yemeni Al-quaida targets.
- Russian govt uses mafia bosses to carry out criminal operations.
- US and Afghan forces extremely frustrated with inept British army.
- US take special interest in the possibility of a sexual relationship between Alan Duncan and William Hague.
- Gaddaffi apparently accompanied by a busty Ukranian bombshell in a nurses outfit everywhere he goes.
US embassy staff around the world have had a great weekend by the sound of things, having spent most of it on the phone to host governments explaining that they are about to have some pretty horrible mud slung at them!