WinkBall are recruiting two new members of staff to join our team of developers. We are looking for a Web UI Ninja and a Senior Java Developer to work with us on video web apps at our offices in West London.
Web UI Ninja
* HTML – You prefer to write POSH, and think anything less than a strict DTD is cheating. You keep up to date with developments in HTML5 and don’t feel right unless the markup and presentation are firmly separated.
* CSS – You are able to work around browser rending inconsistencies in CSS alone. You know
what a pain IE can be but are patient enough to lovingly tuck it up in bed like a senile grandparent with a nice cup of cocoa. You know your box model inside out and get a nice warm feeling when you view the source of a web page and there are no tables. Likewise inline styles and < br / > tags make you feel a little nauseous.
* Flash – You’d rather do it in HTML5 but you know AS 3 well and you’re pragmatic enough to use the right tool for the job.
* Communicating – You like working in a team, and enjoy being handed a challenging design. You can also explain to a designer where the design will break when translated to HTML, without offending them, and before implementing it.
* In addition – You are a disciplined user of any version control system, svn a bonus and not such a Ruby snob that you won’t work with Java developers.
Salary in the region of £28,000 – £33,000 per annum depending on your experience.
Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a top flight Java developer to help us expand and maintain our existing video web app.
You’ll work using agile methodologies in small teams on tasks which touch all areas of the application. Day to day activities range from speccing and designing, implementing and testing, through to deployment, tuning and maintenance.
As the ideal candidate you have extensive Java experience and large scale web apps are your bread and butter. The pointy bracket keys on your keyboard are worn out as you love Spring so much and you are able to make Hibernate bend to your will. You’ll be up on all the cool acronyms like JDBC, IOC, JAXB, ORM, UML, WTF, RMI and JMX. You’ll enjoy pair programming and are a strong communicator, able to eloquently expound on design decisions and offer advice and opinions on the work you are doing.
Salary in the region of £50,000 – £55,000 per annum depending on your experience.
Please send me a cv on email@example.com