Whittington Park Football Pitch
Exciting news from the groundstaff: "the new changing rooms at Whittington Park are now up and running and ready for use". No idea what they have actually done to the place. Lockers? Physio table? Steam room? Communual baths?
Also, I'll be spending the team funds on another new ball, as we lost 2 to neighbouring gardens in the last game. Some people may want to take shooting lessons.
Don't forget there is another game you can play in on the following Saturday. Details here: http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4271477
And finally, I have been promised that the date for our December DiS Football awards night will be announced very very soon.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 4 December
Sunday 9 January
Sunday 30 January
Sunday 27 February